[IRCA] For you transmitter site freaks

Some of us are afflicted with a strange illness. We enjoy going to transmitter sites to look around and take pictures.

Google Maps (http://maps.google.com) did something really cool on April 5. They added satellite imagery to their web site. I've been successful in looking at
some transmitter sites as photographed by satellite. Slowly but surely the Antenna Structure Registration Numbers are appearing on the FCC web site AM &
FM queries. Clicking on one will get you some sort of address; some are specific and some aren't. Here are a couple I've been successful with. Tower 6 of the
KBLA-1580 array is at the northeast corner of Alvarado and Effie Streets in Los Angeles. I went to Google Maps and clicked on satellite. I entered "Effie St.
Los Angeles, CA" and clicked on search. When you don't have a specific address a number of nearby landmarks will be shown and each is assigned a letter. I
zoomed in on landmark A and there they were; all 6 towers. You can navigate with the up, down, left, and right arrows or drag and drop.

1540 in Capitola, CA has been dark forever but the four towers are still there. They're not far from my parents' house. I entered their address and navigated
using nearby landmarks. The satellite saw them.

Here's one with a specific address. Both KSCO-1080 and KOMY-1340 are at 2300 Portola Dr. Santa Cruz, CA. All three towers are in a small lagoon
(nice ground!!). You can see the three walkways leading to the towers and the towers themselves.

To find out when the photo pass was click on "Keyhole" then click on "Will I be able to see my house?".

I have tried several others that I know for sure the antenna is there but it doesn't show up. I'm not sure why.

My apologies if the lines aren't wrapping correctly. For some unknown reason that part of Outlook Express is acting up on this message. I changed things so
they look good on my end but they may be a mess on your end. Your mileage may vary.