Re: [IRCA] 890 whozit!

Don,

I could barely make out most of the calls on a recording from last night...almost as much wishful thinking as hearing them, as the calls were at the top-of-the-hour jumble.  The music carried through much better than the voice.  I was betting on KBBI/Homer, and the host of the show I was listening to confirmed the reception via email.  I think the main reason I was able to get them was because (I think) that the new station in ID was testing with open carrier, but possibly at a lower-than-max power level.  They were damping St. George UT pretty well, although Orcutt CA was still coming through.

That's two Alaska stations in the same DX season for me.  That means I'm up to 5 in 37 years of DXing!

Mike Hawkins

The Kaskey Family <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike, your 890 jazz music might have come from CJDC in Dawson Creek.
They have been heard here when the north was really good. Or just
maybe, just maybe it might have been Homer AK.........I heard them a few
times in 1989 before everyone else cluttered the frequency.

don

Do you Yahoo!?