[IRCA] Re: Third new Wobbler on 950

Curt and Crew,

It sure seems to me that the Cubans are the source for this carrying-on.
AND let me assure everyone this carrier
frequency shifting cannot be be accidental. The Cuban government is
trying to accomplish something, and it
sure seems that they are fitting wobbulators (there is such a device) to
broadcast station transmitters.

My best guess is that they want to jam every channel "on the cheap" from
spanish-language Floridian and from
Puerto Rican stations (on skywave).

Since I first started DXing MW BC station (in 1957) and through the
times I've engineered stations until now,
I've not seen a single example of an AM BC transmitter shifting in
frequency like those Cubans are.

Generally, crystal-control won't permit a transmitter to wobble around
in frequency like they're doing, and
when a crystal breaks or the oscillator tube gets so low that it won't
oscillate then the transmitter through
feedback paths will start oscillating freely and around the assigned
frequency...because that's where it's
tuned. And in that case, the carrier frequency will be FM modulated with
hum, noise, and transmitter
modulation.

Can't blame the wobbulation on instability of the Cuban power grid,
either. That kind of instability would make
it impossible to synchronize generators in a power system....especially
a mix of small and large machines.
As soon as a real-world system starts experiencing such instability,
circuit breakers between Campbellsville
(KY) and Hell (MI) would have tripped big time.

As paranoid as Castro is, his toadies at ICR would have thought up this
jamming scheme on general
principle alone.

Charlie Your Friendly Transmitter Troll