[IRCA] Re: IBOC WTEM 980

Eric:

WTEM is 20.8 miles from me (and they are 50 kw).  They absolutely ruined 970 and
990 here this morning.  I have a semi-local on 970 (WAMD) that is now impossible to
hear without at least some IBOC remnant in the background.  While I am not in
WAMD's main coverage area, I could hear them easily in the daytime here.  I have to
wonder if WTEM is now trashing WAMD's signal in WAMD's main coverage area.
On 990,  I COULD regularly hear two or three stations in the daytime by nulling the
others out, now that is virtually impossible.  There is also some minimal hash on
1000 which will be annoying in some situations. With WPEN 950 using IBOC, I have
IBOC hash on 940, 960, 970, 990, and 1000.   So, 960 may now have hash from two
stations.....

Bill Harms