Re: [IRCA] Let's not overlook the obvious.

KF6GNI@xxxxxxx wrote:

> With regard to changing signal level at your location,
>
> Northern California has experienced some pretty heavy rain of late.
> Certainly ground conductivity has been shifting around.
> As this changes, Transmitter sites need to be tweeked to maintain
> specified
> parameters.
>
> 1240 sacto is pretty good here in Novato,Ca.
>
> Food for the speculators.
>
> KF6GNI 73 from Novato.

In 1976-78 from 26th & Balboa in S.F. I had Sacto & Monterey daytimes
about even.  From 1978-1986 from the Eastern slope of Twin Peaks (up
high on Burnett St.) Monterey was atop Sacto.  1987-2004 from 35th &
Balboa Sacto was atop about 55/45.  Now Sacto is atop 90/10........John,
your theory is OK except we had 47 inches of rain the El Nino year
1997-98 and I noticed no change in signal strength.  This year we've had
17 inches so far.  Most likely they just got a CE up there that cleaned
up a mess.  73  don