[IRCA] Re: beauty pageants

At 15:44 01/01/2005, you wrote:
This brought back some memories.  Neil Kazaross and I originally
logged XEEX on 1400 kHz at the old SD beverage site about 14-15 years
ago.  They were covering a beuaty pageant... ON THE RADIO :)

Tim

Must be something about DXpeditions. That brought back memories of listening to the Miss Tonga beauty pageant on 1017kHz out at Sombrio Beach with John Bryant and Guy Atkins if I recall correctly. Great signal, first class local programming. It's in my notes somewhere, and I'll bet John has a tape.

best wishes for 2005,

Nick