[IRCA] Boone New Years Day

Don,

On Friday 31 December 2004 20:29, The Kaskey Family wrote:
> Hey Steve, how are things in Boone these days?  Cold, you say?  73  don

It been cold off and on, but so far this has been a pretty mild winter.  We
have had snow twice, but just 2 or 3 inches and it warmed up enough a few
days later that it all melted.  We drove to Lewisburg Tennessee the Wednesday
before Christmas and spent the holiday with our kids and grandkids.
See:  home.mchsi.com/~ng0g  I'll be adding link to the IRCA website, and the
new photos from Christmas when I get a chance.  When we got back on Thursday
it was 62F here, almost balmy.

Today however, NOAA is promising:
-------
Freezing Rain Advisory in effect 600 am through 600 PM... Occasional light
freezing rain or freezing drizzle will begin developing across portions of
central and northern Iowa along and north of Highway 30...and along and south
of a SAC City...to Clarion...to Waverly line. Light accumulations of ice will
begin accumulating on roads and elevated surfaces such as trees and power
lines. Roads will become slick and icy later this morning.
-------

It is 0637 local here and I took the dog our for her morning walk to get it
done before the above hit.  I just made it as the "freezing rain" started
about 5 minutes ago.

But I have our new pellet stove cranked up.  The coffee pot is full.  My new
batch of homemade Kahlua is aged and ready.  I have Radios, antennas,
computers, a high speed internet connection, Sierra Nevada Stout, food, and I
don't have to go anywhere, or do any chores.  It doesn't get much better then
that.

On the trip to Tennessee, both coming and going, I searched the AM and FM
dials until I nearly made my wife nuts, hunting for a Bluegrass station.  I
did not hear any, in either Kentucky or Tennessee.  And we went right down
the middle of Tennessee.  (HWY 24 to HWY 65) Very disappointing.

On 426 here at the moment, with my radio in AM mode, I hear "CKP" and "POH".

My wife Glenna and I send our prayers and best wishes to everyone in the IRCA,
and the hope that in this new year, you all hit the lottery, and become so
rich, so happy, and so fulfilled, that you can hardly stand it.

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001
Stephen Hawkins NG0G