Re: [IRCA] Happy New Year!

John Hunter wrote:

> Just wishing everyone a very Happy New Year full of good health and prosperity.
> To make this DX related no luck on the KPH test. All I can get here is FTP
> in Fort Payne AL and a much weaker IZS Montezuma GA (presumed)
>
> 73's and great DX
> John Hunter
> Rossville GA

----John, a Happy New Year to you also (and everyone else on the list)....Your mention of Ft. Payne Alabama brings back many happy memories from my early dxing days.  In 1950 WZOB-1250 in Ft.
Payne was my 1000th station heard from my Galva, Iowa location.  Also, WFPA-1400 in Ft. Payne sent me a verification that year mentioning they also heard from Joseph Brauner of Williamsville
NY.  This lead to dxing novice (me) writing to old pro Joe and receiving a reply from him that introduced me to the National Radio Club (which was THE club in those days).  From there on I
began to understand what AM dxing was all about.  Without checking my California logs right now my shaky memory tells me that I heard a Ft. Payne station on or about 1460 kHz in the late
sixties from Sacramento.  So there, John...nostalgia to start the new year off right............73  don k.