[IRCA] Re: TIS's in Victoria

At 09:35 PM 12/18/2004, you wrote:
Message: 1
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:24:20 -0800
From: Tim Hall <timhall1@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Turks is beating up the TISs
         <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Local TIS stations in Victoria?  Tell us more please!  73, Tim Hall
Tim, we have no TIS in Victoria per se.  What we hear are the various TIS stations in WA state on both 530 and 1610.  The most commonly heard, normally is the Olympic National Park TIS on 530, although the past few months has the WA State Department of Transport mobile transmitter WNVA814 warning drivers of random road checks, etc.  It's located somewhere in Jefferson or Clallam county, as both are mentioned with the same short loop and ID.  It's been in the neighborhood for a few months now, and usually dominates the frequency, except when VC is propagating.  1610 is usually dominated by the city of Port Angeles TIS.  We used to have a weather station, transmitting continuous weather broadcasts from the Sidney vicinity north of Victoria on as I recall 1260, but they have been off the air for several years now.  .......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria.