Re: [IRCA] 530kc Baker City, OR TIS

Steve,

WQBM575 - 530 kHz is located at 3410 K St in Baker, OR (near Interstate Highway 84). It's operating on a special temporary authorization (5 NOV 2004 to 5 MAY 2005). Although it states that it is a TIS, sounds more like a HAR in their application:

"The intended purpose of the proposed Traveler's Information Station(s) is to broadcast traffic and road conditions; traffic hazard and travel advisories; directions; rest stops and service stations; descriptions of local points of interest and weather information."

Mike