Re: [IRCA] Nighttime IBOC

I don't think IBOC should EVER be rolled out in the United States (or anywhere in the world, for that matter). IBOC is really LOW DEFINITION radio; signal coverages are severely reduced, the system is TOTALLY INCOMPATIBLE with our current receivers, and most Americans won't be able to afford to replace the 500 million analog receivers (25 million of those in the far more advanced C-QUAM format) with very expensive digital receivers.

The NAB, in my judgment, has no other choice but to accept more competition. IBOC (as well as BPL) is a grave danger to the DX hobby.

73, Eric (N0UIH)