Re: [IRCA] Fwd: Noon-time MF propagation

Re: [IRCA] Fwd: Noon-time MF propagation

Hi Steve:

I was so intrigued by your talk at Boise, I set up my radio and timer almost
as soon as I arrived home after the convention. I had to calculate when the
sun was at it's zenith here, so I set my timer from 15 minutes before to 15
minutes after. I think I tried around 12 different frequencies before I gave
up. The only station I heard was KOMO-1000. Unlike all the other frequencies
which were just noise, KOMO was in when I set everything up around an hour
beforehand. It didn't suddenly pop up out of the noise either, it was in for
most of the 30 minutes the timer ran, just slowly fading up and then just a
slowly fading out. KOMO is virtually 24/7 here during the winter. If I
remember, I'll try again sometime, but I don't hold out much hope.

Mike in St Isidore AB