[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, August 12-25, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page49

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire

UNIDENTIFIED. 774, Aug 21 at 1150 UT, JBA carrier looping WSW, not NW. I woke up around 1100 UT, finally gave up trying to resleep and checked prime Trans-Pacific DX pilot frequency just before 1155 UT sunrise here. So 3LO Melbourne very likely rather than NHK this time. Quickly stepping 9-kHz downwards, also found JBA carriers: 702 at 1155 UT from WSW, i.e. 2BL Sydney; 657 and 594 at 1156 UT which could also be Australia or NZ but not DFed. Too much 1550 splash on 1548 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 774, Aug 22 at 1156 UT, JBA carrier again, seems from Australia rather than Japan. No other splits audible at sunrise (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 820, Aug 19 at 0535 UT, Spanish music showing with WBAP nulled as much as possible, making very slow 22/minute SAH or 0.367 Hz, probably Cuba? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) Or Mexico

UNIDENTIFIED. 820, Aug 21 at 1152 UT, romantic music in Spanish, 1154 seguÃ, 1157 fade-out before any ID; has same slow SAH as in earlier log, which was 0.367 Hz, Aug 19 at 0535 UT. Per 2015 NRC AM Log, no US stations in Spanish, and hardly any stations at all, west of Fort Worth until WA and OR. So what Mexicans? Per IRCA Mexican Log 2015, geographically and formatically, this one would be XEDRD, Durango2, 10/0.5 kW. Only others in N/W Mexico are in Sinaloa and BCN. Parameters may have changed as any XE QRM to WBAP is unusual here. Durango sunrise not until 1236 UT, while in Enid it`s 1155 UT.

I was discounting XEABCA in Mexicali, which used to be news format, but what I heard jibes with this new log from John Wilkins, CO, in NRC IDXD: ``820 MEXICO XEABCA Mexicali, BC JUL 26 1135 - Segued vocals, occasional "Canal 820 ABC Radio" slogans; no ads or live announcements noted in about 30 minutes of monitoring. Good signal, always surprising for just 3500 watts. Alone on the frequency after WBAP fades away``. Too bad he didn`t clock the SAH with WBAP. Now I still need to catch such a slogan (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 820, Aug 22 from 0533 UT, Spanish music, mostly romantic vocal, with WBAP nulled as much as possible, making slow SAH like last time. Listened past 0600 UT and never caught any announcement, let alone an ID or slogan, but maybe some appeared in fades, from per John Wilkins, XEABCA in Mexicali, ``Canal 820 ABC Radio``. Not hearing much from it after 0600 UT, off then? There`s the music again at 1158 UT but losing to WBAP by 1200 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 870, Aug 23 at 1203, XETAR in sign-on procedure with slogan ``Cuatro pueblos unidos en una sola voz, La Voz de la Sierra Tarahumara`` and immediately into one of those languages. Slightly after sunrise here now, we`ll be able to hear more and more of it in weeks to come (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---