[IRCA] My First TP AM DX Catch

I am in Galena, Alaska in the central part of the state halfway between
Nome & Fairbanks.

About a week ago, I was tuning the AM Band in my Grundig Sattelit 750 with
external AM antenna jack connected to a 225 foot long wire.

I was tuned to 1017kHz and had serious spillage from KVNT 1020 Anchorage,
10kw from 300 miles away BUT there was distinct speech buried under that.

I sent a 60 second clip to the CEO and to the Chief Engineer at Tonga's
government owned A3Z to see if they could recognize anything as definately
being their station.

I certainly heard some South Pacific type music before my speech only
recording, but the voices sounded like they could've been CRI in some Asian
language.

We'll see!

Paul Walker