[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, July 8-14, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page48

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 396, July 13 at 0243, beacon CQB with repeating ID in MCW. I got zero-beat on 397 kHz, but listed as 396 at Tilghman, Chandler OK, in http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/rna/signal_list
I kept tuning to lower MF after not hearing any `Night of Nights` signals closer to 500 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1580, UT Monday July 11 at 0053 UT, strong dominant signal with DJ in long introduxion of Tony Bennett, loops NE/SW, so surely semi-local KOKB Blackwell --- but it`s part of Triple-Play Sports Radio, and not // the sportstalk on 1020 KOKP Perry, Autozone ad. 1580 finally plays ``Rags to Riches`` and I immediately find it`s // and synchro with the third station of the group, 105.1, KOSB, 6 kW in Perry, where I continue listening. 0056 UT outro as ``The Stillwater Jukebox with Tom Dorado --- hits of the 50s and 60s for Ponca City, Blackwell and Enid``. Recheck 1580 at 0058 UT, and now it`s gone tho the sun is still shining and official FCC sunset in July is not until 0145 UT, when it has to cut from 1000 to 49 watts. For me it might as well be daytime-only. The DJ show keeps playing overtime on 105.1, so Tom can squeeze in, ``just under the wire`` one last request for Jack in Enid, ``Peppermint Twist``; 0102 closing till next Sunday at 6:00 (23 UT), and inviting phone requests on the sportsline in the meantime. 105.1 then gradually fades up sportstalk in progress rebecoming // 1020.

I find nothing on the website http://tripleplaysportsradio.com/ about anything other than sports programming, nor any search results on Tom Dorado (dor-AH-doh). Maybe there is something on their FB I will not inspect:
https://www.facebook.com/TriplePlaySportsRadioOSU/

These two hours per week may be the only departure/aberration, but without getting a DX ID, existing format listings not taking this into account will be incomplete and misleading. The three stations most of the time are simulcast, but are capable of splitting if there are two or three different stupid ballgames to broadcast (Glenn Hauser, Enid, WORLD OF RADIO 1834, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1460, July 8 at 0232 UT, Spanish looping NE/SW talk sounds like sports. The only good fit is: KBZO Lubbock TX with ESPN Deportes, 1000/243 watts U1. Atop at first, it soon fades (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---