[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, April 15-21, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page46

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 2748.97-USB, April 19 at 0142 UT, MCTS Halifax, via Chebogue (Yarmouth) NS site, artificial YL with marine weather in English as scheduled to start at 0140 UT, best resolution by tuning slightly to lo side. Still hard to copy everything vs storm noise level, but hear keywords such as Maritimes, Atlantic Daylight Time, wave height forecast. MCTS = Marine Communications and Traffic Services Centre. All the stuff:
http://www.ccg-gcc.gc.ca/Marine-Communications/RAMN-2015/Part-2-Atlantic-Facilities-Information
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

============

** OKLAHOMA. 1210, April 15 at 1247 UT, KGYN Guymon, instead of C&W music has local morning talkshow, `Coffee Shop`, interviewing somewoman about courses offered at OPSU [Panhandle State University, nearby Goodwell], then break for PTCI ad, which is the local telco/ISP, etc.; no obvious explanation at https://www.ptci.net/ of what the letters originally stood for, but I can guess: Panhandle Telecomms Inc.? And also a market report from Mid-America Ag Network, run by KGYN`s corporate master in Kansas. At this hour, KGYN is still getting some skywave boost (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See also USA: 1210

** OKLAHOMA. 1260, April 19 at 0153 UT, ``12-60 KWSH, The Station You Grew Up With``, C&W music. My closest 1260, 1/1 kW U2, but rarely heard this well, too far for much ND groundwave, and night pattern has a notch toward us, butterfly with lobes to the WSW and SSE. WSH = Wewoka-Seminole-Holdenville, CoL Wewoka, address in Shawnee. Slogan in NRC AM Log is instead ``Tri-Cities Best Radio`` (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==============

** U S A. 870, April 15 at 1256 UT, Spanish roughly N/S and it`s too late for XETAR, mentions Radio Transmundial, and partial ID as ``la nuestra --- cadena --- 870 AM``, so it`s certainly KFJZ Fort Worth TX, 1 kW direxional daytimer, which NRC AM Log shows as Radio Fortaleza, format ETHnic rather than SS:RELigious, with an address in Houston. Radio-locator.com has no such name but shows it as Spanish Christian. Fades out before 1300 UT. Its pattern is close to circular, but with a bit more oomph OKward, i.e. north. TWR/Radio Transmundial does run promotional programming on domestic stations (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1210, April 15 at 1251 UT as I am listening to KGYN [see OKLAHOMA], a twist of the wrist holding the DX-398 brings in a mention of ``downtown Huron``, i.e. KOKK, 5000/870 watts U4 from Huron SD. Neither day nor night pattern is favorable for us: night to the NW, day to the SE, and it`s officially daytime since 1145 UT in April (1100 UT in May, 1045 UT in June!) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1470, April 19 at 0147 UT, ``AM 1470 The Twister``, Plainview ads, program promo for KDHN Radio, briefly atop the frequency. So it is KDHN, Dimmitt TX, 500/149 watts U3. NRC AM Log has name as ``Voice of the Great High Plains`` so ``The Twister`` seems new, altho maybe VOGHP still applies too, or did they consider it too cumbersome. Are they daring a tornado to strike, Plainview, or Dimmitt? Plainview is 40 miles SE of Community of License Dimmitt on State Hwy 194, so I rather doubt it can cover well that far at night. Maybe there`s an FM translator now? Radio-Locator has yet another name, ``The Little Country Giant``. Day and night patterns are shown with a bit of a notch close to Enidward. I also logged this recently fuzzily with an indefinite call-letter ID.

For the Twister identity we have to go to
https://www.facebook.com/KDHN1470twister/
showing that as early as August 25, 2015. And which leads us to a ``full-feature website`` R-L doesn`t know about:
http://www.kdhnradio.com/
Indicating it`s really into agriplex news now and silly ballgames; still any C&W? (Glenn Hauser, OK DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1650, April 16 at 1300 UT, song ``Bienvenidos a Mano a Mano, todos los sÃbados, lo mejor del deporte mundial; son las 9 de la maÃana`` --- you might wonder which Spanish sports station is in the Eastern timezone, until realizing that this has to be El Paso TX, latest format of KSVE, ESPN Deportes, 8500/850 watts U1, plugged into an Eastern-chauvinist network forcing the rest of AmÃrica to deal with their inapplicable timezone.

April SR/SS times for KSVE are 1245 UT/0130 UT (May: 1215 UT/0200 UT). On 1650, it`s far more common to hear Spanish from KSVE or KBJD Denver (religionist), than English from our nearest, Oklahoma`s own KFSW Sallisaw {Let alone XEARZ in the DF, which still eludes me tho reported all over Europe} (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---