[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, April 8-14, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page46

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

** MEXICO. 870, April 8 at 1207, YL in Spanish greeting a new day, typical of XETAR Guachochi, Chihuahua, but 1209 TC sure sounds like ``5:09`` instead of 6:09. Chih. is supposed to be on DST of UT -6 now. Into three maÃanitas songs, more typical XETAR fare, but certainly not limited to them. XETAR is also a daytimer, but presumably would be opening now at 6 am local (not 5 am). I guess the timecheck was a mistake by her or me.

Is there another NW Mexican on 870? Yes, XEFIL, MazatlÃn, Sinaloa, 1000/250 watts per IRCA Log, but it`s also on MDT of UT -6. Rotating the DX-398, I find that WWL is still in if I null the XE and vice versa, but XE is fading at 1219. Around 1205 I had had SS on 650, probably XETNT in Sinaloa, but nothing much else on lowband. Sunrise here: 1207 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 702, April 10 at 1157 UT, JBA carrier peaks WSW, i.e. 2BL Sydney, Australia; also a trace on 774, but too weak to tell whether from Melbourne or Japan. Our sunrise today: 1204 (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 774, April 8 at 1156, JBA carrier peaking WSW on the DX-398, and still at 1207, presumably 50 kW 3LO Melbourne (only other DU possibility a 5 kW NZ). True bearing of Melbourne from here is 249 degrees. Precisely WSW would be 247.5. No other 9-kHz carriers found except 1548, q.v. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1548, April 8 at 1158, JBA carrier loops westward, most likely 50 kW 4QD Emerald, Queensland (altho there are two NZ at 1 kW or less on 1548). True bearing of Emerald from here is 264 degrees. It`s inland west of Rockhampton. Sunrise here: 1207 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---