[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, April 1-7, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page46

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

** MEXICO. [Re 660 log March 28:] The correct description for the XEDTL format â at least during main hours, when there's not "urban pop" or other music â is "citizen-produced". Every year IMER puts out a call for proposals for new radio shows for the station. There is a lot of music, but also programming like "Mujeres a la tribuna", "Enlace ciudadano" and "DimensiÃn educativa". You really need to cross-check with the XEDTL schedule for that (Raymie Humbert, AZ, March 31, WTFDA Forum via DXLD)

** MEXICO. 710, April 1 at 1218, the Low-German preacher is intoning, which we know from long experience is coming via XEDP, Ciudad CuauhtÃmoc, Chihuahua, 7000/100 watts, guess which? By now, except for XEROK 800, it`s the only NW Mexican signal left on lowband. A few minutes later, 650 still bears WSM instead of XETNT. Enid sunrise today: 1217 UT. I was going to look up SR at CuauhtÃmoc, but gaisma.com doesn`t list it, nor even nearby Chihuahua capital! Despite many smaller places:
http://www.gaisma.com/en/dir/mx-country.html
It also places Mexico in Central America! a typical European mis-idea.
http://www.gaisma.com/en/dir/013-region.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 774, April 3 at 1145 UT, awake a semihour before local sunrise of 1214 UT, so hasten to check for trans-Pacific MW carriers. There is one here on 774, but repeated manipulation of the DX-398 finds it peaking from the west, not northwest, so instead of NHK JAPAN it`s likely 3LO, 50 kW, ABC Melbourne, AUSTRALIA; another detected at 1150, from west on 702, consistent with 2BL, 50 kW, ABC Sydney (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Hi Richard, I wonder what you heard this morning? (Glenn to Richard Allen, April 3, via DXLD)

Glenn: I didn't hear any Asia signals this morning, only heard a carrier on 702 kHz (approx. 240Â) at 1156-1221 GMT. Nothing heard on 774, 891 or 1044 (Richard N Allen, near Perry OK, April 3, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

240 from us goes between Auckland and Hobart, not too far off Melbourne, and Sydney, certainly not Japan. WSW from here rather than directly west (Glenn Hauser, Enid, ibid.)

--- End Message ---