[IRCA] Black gospel on 1640 ID'd after all these years?

Hey Pat!

   Wanted to show you this and compare it with what you heard in April 1998....

First, my logging from eastern Iowa:

10/13/1998 2305 EDT - With KCJJ running an open carrier and WKSH having already signed off for the night, I noted someone here, albeit faintly, with singing from a black church choir.  Only stayed in for about a minute before fading, then KCJJ came back on with a pop song shortly afterwards, and the splatter completely took out 1640.  Didn't hear an ID, but WKSH can, of course, be ruled out, and KDIA, the last I knew, was running an R&B/soul oldies format from the 70s.

Here, Pat, is what you heard a few months before:

1640 - KKSL - OR LAKE OSWEGO, fair with lots of QRM from KDIA, KKSL w/Black Gospel pgm at 2300 EDT (0300 UTC), many KKSL IDs.  Only could log with 3 foot Sanserino Loop, as KDIA was too strong off all my other antennas.  This was on 4/15.  Taped report sent.  (PM-OR)

Whaddaya think?  A close enough match for me to count it?  I should note that the official CLs for the 1640 at the time were KKJY.

73,

Rick Dau

South Omaha, Nebraska