Re: [IRCA] Super KAZ update

The D-KAZ has a considerably wider back null than the basic single loop KAZ
antenna. For example, with your null at 330 with the D-KAZ you probably
also have good nulls at 300 and 360. These nulls will be better at off
angles than what you'd get using a KAZ as the single loop has a more narrow
null aperture.

As an example here in IL. Milwaukee is about due north of me and Madison is
NW. Madison is still well nulled by my south D-KAZ even though it is aimed
due south. This was not the case when using a single KAZ.

Another example of D-KAZ null aperture and also beam width can be found on
950 here at night. WNTD is 31.8 miles from me at 133.4 deg. ie SE. A D-KAZ
aimed due west nulls it well enough to make Denver the dominant at night
unless cx are significantly non AU and CFAM QRMs.

As for null steering with the Vactrol, what you are really doing is
adjusting the termination resistance (Rt) for deepest back null. If you
mistune by a decent amount you may able to increase side nulls or off beam
nulls by a couple of dB but at the expense of significant loss of back null
depth.

Hmm... I didn't realize that you couldn't fine tune the SAL-30 nulls.

73 KAZ