Re: [IRCA] Fwd: Grayland Fishbarrel

Thanks for putting that up Nick.  Sitting in the room next to you it’s nice to be able to graphically illustrate the ‘miracle’ that is Grayland.  ;-)

I would remind people that it takes more than a couple of blue bars to make an ‘audible’ signal though.  In comparing bars to ears I’m guessing, depending on modulation level, one needs at least 2 or probably 3 bars before audio is forthcoming.

Still, the difference between Grayland and your home QTH in Victoria is amazing!

The high A-index and disturbed geomag cx have created an odd combination of ‘summer’-like DU and Pacific Island stations and more normal ‘winter’ Japanese fare.  One thing we’re probably not hearing much of is Alaska.

If you’re living along a coast and point mostly in one direction for your DX, the DKAZ with Vactrol remote termination control is ‘THE way to go!’

Bill Whitacre
Room 15, Grayland Motel

—