[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, February 5-11, 20166

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page44

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 2748.98-USB, Feb 6 at 0155 UT, YL in French with marine weather, 0156 UT switch to English and now she seems robotic. SSB sounds best when tuned slightly to lo side of 2749. CCG website shows it`s VCS Halifax via Chebogue NS site starting at 0140 UT in English, then French, but nothing else following immediately in English (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA. 2749-USB, Feb 7 at 0044 UT, robotic YL in English with marine weather at S6. CCG website shows this is MCTS Sydney NS, VCO starting at 0040 UT via Port Caledonia site, with: ``Radiotelephony --- Technical marine synopsis and forecasts for marine areas 209, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 231 and 232. Wave height forecast for marine areas 209, 213, 214, 215 and 217. Notices to Shipping in areas Cape Breton Shore (covering Cabot Strait to Banquereau Bank), Gulf of St. Lawrence, Newfoundland South Coast, P.E.I. and Miramichi Bay. Notices to Shipping revising the position of every reported offshore exploration and exploitation vessel`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===================

** OKLAHOMA. 890, Thu Feb 11 at 1530 UT, I`m checking whether KTLR OKC is still partly in Spanish, as on their program schedule grid: Yes, praise music in Spanish, 1538 UT predicating (preaching) in Spanish (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==================

** U S A. I had forgotten there was yet another Republican debate Saturday night, originating on ABC-TV, but run across WHAS 840 Louisville KY carrying the soundtrack at 0134 UT Feb 7 --- then scan the entire MW band for some others //, not necessarily synchronized: 750 WSB Atlanta GA, 740 KRMG Tulsa OK, 700 WLW Cincinnati OH, 1110 KFAB Omaha NE, 1160 KSL Salt Lake City UT. All the other big clear channel sigs I normally get were doing something else (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1510, Sunday Feb 7 at 1403 UT, financial news, loops slightly CCW from E/W, so I figure it`s KFNN PhÅnix AZ; 1404 UT PSA about asthma, 1405 UT about diabetes, no ID, and 1406 UT welcome back to `Real Estate Today`. KFNN program schedule is lengthy,
http://www.moneyradio1510.com/Program-Schedule/Phoenix
and does have R.E.T. on it but Saturdays at 11 am (MST = 18 UT); and there is a big gap between 3 and 8 am on Sundays! (MST = 10-15 UT). KFNN is axually licensed to Mesa with 22000/100 watts U3, and official February sunrise is not until 1415 UT; nothing about a PSRA in the NRC AM Log, so they jumped the gun. Also, day pattern major lobe is to the NE, good for us, with lesser lobes to the WNW and SE (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 880, Feb 11 at 1850 UT on caradio, KRVN Nebraska, usual groundwave daytimer, has CCI from another talker in English. Closest 4 possibilities: IL and TX are listed as Spanish; 10 kW KHAC NM/AZ is partly English but far for groundwave. 50 kW KLRG AR is considerably closer, but AR has poor conductivity for GW. No daytime skywave noted now on prime channels 720, 840. Hoping to pull more out of this on the NRD-545 at home with loop nulling KRVN, but can`t (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1500, Feb 6 at 0106 UT check, warbling hets roughly east-west, as not much signal from KSTP at the moment. If not out of WPSO New Port Richey FL, allegedly a daytimer: Probably not, but just in case, note that the other FL on 1500, WKIZ in Cayo Hueso is Spanish religion per NRC AM Log, and is 24 hours with 250 watts. Should they lapse into anything anti-Castro, or even relay some Radio Marti, that could get them a bit o` jamming from down south (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1500, Feb 7 at 0119 UT, not much signal from KSTP, so I am hearing the blues music station and the warble-tone. KSTP is so weak that I can get pretty good bearings on these two, nulling them without KSTP in the way: warble is about 95 degrees, and blues about 135 degrees (assuming they are both eastward rather than westward). Tends to confirm blues source as the station doing that all-night, KCLF New Roads LA. At least on weeknights, with weekends unaccounted for:
http://kclf1500am.com/shows.html
Closest to the 95 degree angle from Enid with the warble are three Alabamans and one further Georgian: WQCR Alabaster, 2300/3 watts, WVSM Rainsville, 1000/-, WKAX Russellville, 1000/-; and WDPC Dallas GA, 5000/CH 3200 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---