Re: [IRCA] 1500 Mystery Station

So my rotors stopped working (I need to look into this) and I cannot DF it.

But I can phase. And when I phase out WFED it drops the noise as well (this is only evidence, not a strong proof as the phaser can affect multiple stations at the same time). Also when the noise is very strong it seems like WFED is the only thing capable of producing it (based on the carrier to sideband ratio - no other carriers are strong enough on 1500 khz).

And finally, when the noise was on both sidebands several days ago - I measured it centered on 1499.990 (plus or minus 1 hz). Which was/is WFED's frequency. Recently it has only been on the USB so I haven't been able to reproduce this.

Aaron
QS1R, two Wellbrooks (one with a broken amp), and a Quantum Radio Phaser
Philadelphia, PA