Re: [IRCA] 1500 KHz "Mystery Station"

Hi there. I am in Acworth GA, just north of Atlanta. I have heard this
noise for months and assumed it was local to me. As for WDPC, they are
pretty good about going to CH and signing off. I do not believe it is them.
That being said; the noise sounds like some lower stages of a transmitter
that may be radiating. In other words the transmitter's High voltage is
OFF, but some of the lower stages (oscillator, driver etc) are still
powered up, and there is enough leakage for it to get to the antenna.

I will try to DF this from here tonight and see If I can get a bearing. It
starts making its appearance around 5:30pm here.

Robert LaFore
Acworth GA