[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 17 January 2016

Given recent conditions my expectations were low, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that Asia returned again today. Some signals were better than yesterday, while others were not as good.

693	JAPAN, Tokyo	JOAB
	Traces of audio at 1504

747	JAPAN, Sapporo  JOIB
    	Traces of audio at 1508.

774    JAPAN, Akita    JOUB
    	Poor, woman in Japanese at 1503.

828	JAPAN, Osaka	JOBB
Time pips noted at 1500, but otherwise only a few words noted now and then.

972	KOREA, S	HLCA
     Poor, with woman talking in Korean at 1502.

1566    KOREA, S	HLAZ
     At fair level with woman speaking at 1502.

1574	THAILAND	VOA
Man speaking on southeast Asian language. Not audible yesterday at all, but reached good level today at 1510.

1593	CHINA		CNR1
	Poor-fair, with man in Chinese at 1503.

Quite a few other carriers again today, with strong ones on 1377, 1386, 1521 and 1539.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, AB
Perseus SDR & Wellbrook Phased Array