Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:37 PM
To: wghauser@xxxxxxxxx ; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Announcement for WJR off for maint LAST NIGHT

I heard that brief announcement for maint shutdown a
minute or two before midnight EST during the TOH break for
John Batchelor show. The announcement did not mention when
or how long this off period would be.  It took me a  few
minutes to fire up the computer and log into e-mail
account.  During that few minutes I was in another room
out of earshot of the radio.

So - by the time I returned that "brief" off period may
have already passed.  I listened to WJR for two more hours
and there was no off period or any further mention of it!

You never know if it will be productive.  However, about
ten years ago I heard a similar announcement while
listening to KMOX.  I sent out the word as soon as I could
and that time KMOX did indeed go off for several hours!

If WJR had gone off the air for a long SP and I was up and
listening and heard something good and said nothing about
it I still would have taken the heat!

Tom Jasinski