[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, January 8-14, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page43

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

** MEXICO. 540, Jan 14 at 1330, ``La mera mera, La Ranchera de PaquimÃ``, after a string of federal PSAs. I knew if it were XETX, Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua, there would be an ID within two minutes of tuning in. By this time, most of the lowband XEs are gone, except 620 XEBU Chihuahua2, but this 1000/250 watter persists. Our sunrise today: 1343 UT, earlying at the rate of 3 or 4 minutes per week (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 660, Jan 13 at 1324, one announcer reading live adstring, 1327 mentions 98.9 FM, 6:27 time, ``Chihuahua capital``, all of which mean it`s XEACB, Ciudad Delicias, Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 660, Jan 14 at 0700, Chihuahua state anthem is playing (listen for ``chihuahuense``), vs IBOC from WSCR, 0701 ``son las 12``, en 98.9 FM, so it`s XEACB, Ciudad Delicias again (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Jan 11 at 1316, rustic fiddle and guitar music, staple in the mornings from XEETCH which at 1333 gives full ID in Spanish as La Voz de los Tres Rios, Etchojoa, Sonora, and also native languages; 1334 ``toque un baile`` and back to music. Some of the usual other signals from NW Mexico in the UT -7 zone also in during this pre-sunrise span: 550, 620, 660, 710, 870 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Jan 13 at 1330, XEETCH rustic music at the moment from Etchojoa, Sonora, is drumming and piccolo (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 720, Jan 13 at 1332, ``FonÃgrafo 720 AM`` ID, classic rock, YL with Spanish dedication, timecheck as 7:33, loops WSW? We have a confusing situation about the identity of this station: a few nights ago, Dec 27 at 0121, I assumed it was XEDE Saltillo, Coahuila, which fits for the timecheck heard now, CST.

In the morning around sunrise, it`s likely to be a bit further west, such as XEJCC Ciudad JuÃrez, Chihuahua, where the time is 6:33 am MST. Searching on the slogan, I get a Wikipedia listing of Grupo Radio MÃxico stations including XEJCC 720 JuÃrez as FonÃgrafo 720, so that would seem to clinch it except for the clock.
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grupo_Radio_M%C3%A9xico#Ciudad_Ju.C3.A1rez.2C_Chihuahua

FonÃgrafo does not appear for any 720 station in our DX source listings: WRTH 2016, IRCA Mexican Log 2015, and Cantà as of early 2015, all of which have it as Extremo 720 (and BTW, IRCA Log has upped the power from 1 kW to 25 kW daytimer).

The GRM website itself,
http://www.gradiomex.com/estaciones-por-ciudad/
still has XEJCC on its long-abandoned frequency 1520 as ``La 15 20``. The FonÃgrafo monicker also applies to a Grupo Radio Centro station on 1150, XEJP, MÃxico DF. I suppose it`s possible that the 720 station in JuÃrez is inserting local non-IDs, while relaying programming out of DF with TCs local for there. A DXer in El Paso could clarify this (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 770, Jan 8 at 1358, historical item in Spanish about the 1930s, 1400 Radio FÃrmula ID, so XEACH Monterrey NL. This late, after sunrise I would have expected something further west, like XEREV Los Mochis, but obviously not top-40. Only this now, no KKOB NM, which doesn`t hit day pattern on 770 until 1415 UT in January (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, Jan 13 at 1336 UT, strong Spanish from the WSW with KQCV OKC nulled as much as possible --- just like XEROK used to achieve before it disappeared. Two men and one woman in studio, dialogs with callers; 1340 with 6:40 timecheck, mentions ``carretera a Casas Grandes``, and an address in ``Colonia Villa Esperanza``; 1343 discussing Powerball and its sesquigigadollar jackpot. Makes slow SAH with KQCV of approx. 92 per minute or almost 1.5 Hz, which IIRC was also typical of the old XEROK.

And this *is* definitely XEROK, seemingly jacked up again to 50 kW power at least for the moment. The colonia chex out for Ciudad JuÃrez (but also one in Ahumada, Chihuahua, which is just south of CiJz, and another in San NicolÃs de los Garza, Nuevo LeÃn, not the right direxion altho there is one NL station on 800, in Montemorelos); and Nuevo Casas Grandes is the next town to the SW of CiJz via federal hiway 2. Neither at sunrise nor at night have I been hearing any such signal on 800 vs KQCV --- if I get anything else at night, it`s likely to be TWR Bonaire. We`ll see if XEROK continues revived at night (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1808, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

So I check 800 again Jan 14 at 0157, and find XEROK is still strong in Spanish, now making SAH of 80/minute with KQCV (where they are in English about FEBC Philippines), 0159 ID mentioning Ciudad JuÃrez and Grupo 7; Recheck at 0258, now XEROK is really inbooming overcoming KQCV; and at 0300 full ID as Radio CaÃÃn, with street address, Grupo Siete (If they ever utter ``XEROK``, I`ve not heard it). So this station is back in business at apparent full power once again of 50 kW non-direxional (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, Jan 14 at 1306, XEROK with two cuckoos for a time check ``6 con 6 minutos``, headlines; 1308 this time it`s a rooster crowing, and ID including call letters XEROK. Still with restored hi power, presumably 50 kW ND entitled to own the frequency at night across western USA, holding its own against nearest groundwave KQCV OKC (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---