Re: [IRCA] AOR 7030+ Back up battery replacement...

     Colin, what a coincidence!   I just happened to replace my Ni-Cad on
my Haida Gwaii machine.   It was old, corroded, and no longer holding a
charge.  I attempted to purchase one on-line on eBay, but the vendor would
not deal with anyone out of the US.  Guy Atkins came to my rescue with a
replacement that he had in his "box of goodies, just in case", and sent it
to me.  It looks easy enough to replace.   In my case, not wanting to risk
anything, I asked my favourite tech at Merit Electronics to remove the old,
and install the new.   He told me the leakage created quite an issue for
him, but he cleaned it all up, and now my replacement NiMH battery should
work for years to come.  My suggestion to you is to leave it plugged in
always.   That was my downfall, I think, in that I'd unplug it for months
at a time when I wasn't up there.   73,....Walt