Re: [IRCA] DXpedition capture files?

âHi Mark,

âAs some folks on this list know, I used to run a Perseus SDR blog for a
few years, and a Flexradio SDR-1000 for a few years before that. When I had
the "Five Below" Perseus blog, I included a "Perseus WAV Files Directory"
section that over time became quite popular.

At the time, the hosting service MediaFire appeared the best choice for me
(their reasonably priced "Pro" plan) so that's what I used as the Perseus
WAV file storage.

âIf I was beginning to share SDR recordings today, I would investigate
Microsoft's OneDrive and Google Drive. Last year OneDrive upped their file
size limit to 10 GB, and âGoogle Drive offers a maxium of 5 TB (yes, that's
TB as in Terrabytes!). Both services allow easy sharing of files and
folders.

âChuck Hutton's "Perseus WAV Chopper" is an excellent utility for trimming
WAVs to just the pertinent time range of interest (60 seconds centered on
top-of-the-hour for instance). I wish something like Perseus WAV Chopper
was available for Elad-generated files! Then it wouldn't matter if a DXer
like myself was using 4096 MB as their file size for recording; the WAV
could still be trimmed down to something reasonable in size.

However, at least the current size limits of OneDrive and Google Drive
allow these more massive WAVs, but of course there's still the long,
l-o-n-g wait time for downloading âthe files that most DXers will encounter.

â73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA

> Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 19:02:27 -0500

> Subject: Re: [IRCA] DXpedition capture files?

> ...I' hoping Guy will weigh in regarding his experiences in hosting SDR
recordings.

Regards,

Mark Durenberger