From: IRCA [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark
Durenberger
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 4:33 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] DXpedition capture files?

I think a lot of us would contribute Perseus snips if they didn't have to
always be current.

Some form of pre-upload "vetting" might be a good thing, to minimize
congestion.  It could take the following general form:

"I have TOH snips of MW taken at ____ PM (AM) on a 140-ft Broadside D-Kaz
oriented 325 degrees from ____ (QTH).  Payload size___.  Holler if you want
them"

The offered snips are uploaded only if someone asked for them.  'Admin'
keeps the list of offers and from time to time posts a reminder here that
such snips are available by request.

I'd be more than happy to be that 'Admin'...but first we need a storage
site.

Cheers!

Mark Durenberger

A few days back I commented about possible availability of RF capture files
from recent DXpeditions, as in the days when Guy Atkins ran the "Five Below"

website.
I haven't seen any comments about this yet.  Recent DXpeditions would
include Masset, Rockworks, and Grayland on the West Coast as well as any
East Coast activity such as the Miscou Island, NB outing (about which I have

read remarkably little so far).

Usually we're talking about Perseus files but, presumably with the
availability of HDSDR etc. generic software, other file formats such as
Elad, Excalibur, and Afedri could also be shared for everyone's enjoyment.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

---