Re: [IRCA] Loop Antenna Gain for Rockworks #4 and #2

Hi Chuck,

My apologies for not considering gain differences. I was too "wowwed" by
the obviously lower splatter levels on Dave's Rockworks #4 SDR files
compared to mine from Rockworks #2 on the morning of October 24.

I did no adjustments, but just zoomed in on specific signals to see the
peak signal level and the level of the lowest "valley" in the noise nearby
in frequency, and observed the difference as the station's S/N ratio.

The antenna I was using is reportedly 9 dB "hotter" (compared, I believe,
to the original ALA1530 used by Dave). I'm not sure how that affects the
observed S/N on various signals, but DX heard on the Rockworks #4 SDR file
was cleaner and less affected by the splatter compared to the same signals
at Rockworks #2.

What I know for sure is, if you can't be at Masset, Haida Gwaii, then
*45.743417,
-123.957941
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Manzanita,+OR/@45.7434236,-123.9582682,103m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x5494b61a5fb38495:0x9b94c876e8acf657!6m1!1e1>*
 is the place to be!