[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, October 16-22, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page40

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside or randomwire; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

UNIDENTIFIED. 774, Oct 17 at 0523, JBA carrier loops NE/SW;
702, Oct 17 at 0525, JBA carrier also NE/SW, or is it more like E/W?
954, Oct 17 at 0528, JBA carrier, can`t get a DF in 960 KGWA splash. Probably Eurafricans rather than Pacific (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BONAIRE. 800, Oct 16 at 0120, weak Spanish underneath KQCV OKC gospel huxter in English, making SAH of 2.53 Hz, presumed R. Transmundial, TWR, PJB, in the absence of XEROK (or CKLW for that matter) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, Oct 17 at 0600, choral Mexican NA is barely audible with KQCV OKC nulled as much as possible, makes fast SAH. Can`t get enough afterwards for any ID. Assuming it`s playing at local midnite, this means a state in the UT -6 zone, i.e. currently Chihuahua, Sinaloa, Baja California Sur or Nayarit. Guess what! There are NO Mexican 800s listed in any of those states [except:] If this is therefore XEROK Ciudad Juárez, it`s nowhere near nominal 50 kW. Normally it has no problem overcoming KQCV when nulled, close to a right angle apart (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 900, Oct 22 at 1235, from WSW, ``música country en español`` is losing out to KSGL Wichita with nostalgia. Odd format for a Mexican leads to XEDT, Ciudad Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 980, Oct 17 at 1229, Spanish mentions 103.1 FM, during ``buenos días`` greetings to various listeners, then intro a band from Sinaloa. But 103.1 nails it as XEFQ, Cananea, Sonora, again, getting to be a regular on sunrise skip (today in Enid: 1240 UT) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1300, Oct 16 at 0127, as I tune in, ``Radio México Noticias, XEP, tercera edición, por Radio Trece, info desde Chihuahua Capital, en Radio México Noticias``. So Ciudad Juárez dominating as usual with 38 kW instead of 200 watts (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SAUDI ARABIA. 1521.0, Oct 19 at 0121, constant het against 1520.0 KOKC OKC. I make sure it peaks from NE/SW, rather than SE/NW, and that there is no carrier on 1559, thus reassuring me it`s really the 2 megawatt BSKSA in Duba, not a plus/minus 19 kHz spur from ZNS 1540 Bahamas as heard in New England (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Re my previous comments about `La Hora Nacional`:

Yup, La Hora Nacional is mandatory. The first half-hour is national; the second comes from the states (five of which do not produce their own half-hour and so outsource it back to the federal government; surprisingly, four of the five have state-owned broadcast systems). You are correct though; it is not live and has not been for a very long time. It's also really, really old; it began in 1937, during the government of Lázaro Cárdenas (Raymie Humbert, AZ, Oct 15, WTFDA Forum via DXLD)

--- End Message ---