[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, September 25-October 1, and NM, September 11, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page39

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside or randomwire; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** MEXICO. 560, unID, Sept 27 at 1147, barely audible, think I hear a station exclaim ``SÃper Ãxitos . . . MÃxico``. Not a formal name unless new, none such in the three major references, IRCA Log, Cantà and WRTH. This early, it could be any of the 8 XEs except Chetumal (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 600, Sept 27 at 1209, ID for 102.7 FM and next words not originally copied must have been ``La Mejor`` as the only 600/102.7 combo in IRCA Log is XEHW, MazatlÃn, Sinaloa. One of these days relying on FM/AM frequency match will trip us up if there are two of the same on one pair of frequencies, but odds are against it (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 620, Sept 18 at 0607, Spanish from NW/SE overcomes sportstalk
from MS or CO, presumably R. Rebelde â yes, their jingle plays, and
same music, talk as on 670. The only 620 listed in WRTH is 25 kW in
ColÃn, Matanzas. This expedited by the temporary silence of 620
Dallas; see USA and MEXICO logs (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST) [overlooked for last week`s report]

** MEXICO. 650, Sept 25 at 0553, Mexican music is totally dominant, soon ID for Radio 65, live TC for 6 para las 12, i.e. XETNT Los Mochis, Sinaloa. Can hear trace of WSM (and something else, KGAB WY?) only by carefully nulling this! Northerly signals from Chicago, Minneapolis, etc., are still inbooming, so not auroral condx; a fluke? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 690, Sept 25 at 0555, two Spanish stations: one IDs for 107.9 FM and into music; the other ``La 69``, promo tied in with Mexican independence just celebrated last week, then continuous talk. Both vs open carrier from KGGF KS. The `107.9` one loops further clockwise from the ``69`` one. The latter is surely 100/5 kW XEN in the DF. But all three references, IRCA, Cantà and WRTH show no 107.9 // on 690, but instead 107.1 for XEMA, 50/2 kW in Fresnillo, Zacatecas; so unless a new 107.9/690 combo show up, I`ll have to assume what I really heard was ``107.1``. Sorting out the XE 690s can be confusing: XEWW, 77/50 kW in Rosarito BCN is also listed with a ``6-90 AM`` ID (but never heard here with its tight N/S pattern); both XEMA and XECS in Colima are a.k.a. ``La Mejor`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 760-, Sept 25 at 1218 UT, nostalgic music, slightly on lo side making LAH with KCCV KS (see USA Log); 1222 seguà to ``Stranger in Paradise`` by big band; 1224 losing to KCCV. New NRC AM Log 2015 shows no ``NOS`` format in USA on 760, and there`s nothing roughly matching the DF that`s not a talker.

So, is it really a Mexican? 2014 IRCA Log shows no specific NOS format there either, but from DF could be: XEES Chihuahua, XEEB Ciudad ObregÃn, or XENY Nogales. At least XEES and XENY have been logged here before (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 760, Sept 26 at 1222, again this morning I am hearing nostalgic music, Spanish ID for ``760`` and a two-word? name I can`t copy, into honky-tonk piano and big band tune. Overcomes gospel huxter on KCCV at 1226, then  reversed at 1227. Possibly XENY Radio Geny in Nogales, Sonora which I have heard before, but also suspect Antena Musical in Chihuahua2, XEES. Assuming same programming as on FM 102.5,
http://www.antenafm.mx/index1.php
it`s merely unspecified Musical at 6-7:30 am Sat, 6-8 am Sun, but M-F it`s News starting at 6 am, and I also had NOS music at this time yesterday, Friday. How about XENY Nogales? Its website http://www.xenygenial.com/
shows unspecified La Mejor MÃsica at 5-7 am (weekdays?), which one  doubts would apply to foreign/nitch US big band music. Quite a roster gallery of locutores = DJs and/or newspersons (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 760, Sept 27 at *1200 UT, KCCV Overland Park KS pops onto day power of 6 kW, no ID but Bott Network, and gospel-huxter show with guest short hoary wacko OK Sen. Inhofe to refute a pope about climate change. I had hoped to hear the XE already, which the last two mornings was playing nostalgic/American big band music. 1200 UT is the Sept official KCCV sunrise; Oct: *1230.

1215 UT recheck however, now the music station has taken over, but romantic vocal ballad music in Spanish this Sunday, at first making fast SAH with KCCV. Loops WSW. 1218 seguÃ; 1224 announcement about ``760 - en esta hora, La Fantasma, en Geny-AM . . . mÃsica del recuerdo``, i.e. nostalgic in a sense, next tune romantic.

So it`s the 5000/100 watt Nogales, Sonora station XENY and not XEES Chihuahua2. I wonder if it signed on at 1215, or just the right time for sunrise skip to push it in, Enid SR being 1223 UT today (but not until 1315 UT in both Nogales) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 760, Sept 30 at 1235, R. Geny ID after some music, as KCCV is taking over from XENY Nogales, Sonora (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** JAPAN. 774, Sept 25 at 1207, JBA carrier from the NW/SE, certainly 500 kW JOUB Akita NHK-2, my prime pilot for trans-Pacific MW DX. Then seeking others on DX-398 9-kHz stepping, and find: 693 & 594 at 1208; 828 at 1211, the latter as strong as 774. These surely are all other NHKs: 828, 300 kW JOBB Osaka, NHK-2; 693, 500 kW JOAB Tokyo, NHK-2; 594, 500 kW JOAK Tokyo, NHK-1. No more carriers found up to 1000 nor in the 1500s. Sunrise here today: 1222 UT (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** JAPAN. 774 & 594, Sept 26 at 1213, again today, JBA TP carriers looping NW/SE, no doubt from the NHK superpowers (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** JAPAN. 774, Oct 1 at 1229, JBA carrier from NHK Akita; and 828 at 1230 even weaker one, from NHK Osaka; no others audible on the lo end. Today`s Enid sunrise: 1227 UT; in one week will be 1232 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 870, Sept 27 at 1227 UT, Spanish ad for English learning with an 800 number, ID I can`t copy, ranchera. 1234 UT ID for ``870, una estaciÃn de ---`` but can`t copy the rest; more music. Loops east/west. With an ad, it can`t be XETAR Chihuahua, which I did hear a bit of circa 1210 UT but not logged. This late, the only other XE likely still to propagate, after XETAR has faded out, is XEFIL in MazatlÃn, Sinaloa, 1000/250 watts, W Radio, La Sinaloense. The only US possibility is 5000/430 watt KLSQ near Las Vegas, NV which is SS with UnivisiÃn AmÃrica. As for the 800 number clue, MÃxico also has such toll-free deals. Sinaloa is much more of a hotspot for SRS DX here, than NV (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 890, Sept 26 at 0145, Cuban music dominant over WLS without really trying; same on // 4765 but about one second delayed after 890. Also synch on much weaker // 900. R. Progreso 890 listed as in Chambas, Ciego de Ãvila with 200 kW power, matched only by Rebeldes on 710 and 1180 (each of which also with multiple weaker synchros around the Greatest of the Antilles to block the wicked worms). AtenciÃn: it is NOT spelt ``Progresso`` --- no double-S`s in Spanish unless proper name derived from e.g. Italian (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 980, Sept 29 at 1220, talk sounds like style of Antena Radio on IMER stations, as also on 1570 but not enough signal from both to make a // match with XERF. The IMER station on 980 is XEFQ, 2500/500 watts, La Voz de la Ciudad del Cobre, Cananea, Sonora, which I have logged before. At 1235 seems both are singing, now that 980 is under KMBZ. NW Mexican SRS conditions were quite inferior this morning, not getting much at this hour on lower channels (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

For editors` convenience, a few groundwave items concerning Mexico excerpted from my New Mexico trip log; final version as of Oct 1 is at:
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/index.php?topic=Hauser:

1701-1708 UT Sept 11 bandscan while parked at the Power Dam south of
Santa Rosa; long-abandoned little hydro facility, with the water from backed
up lake now flowing around one side of the mostly still-standing dam:
http://www.w4uvh.net/SRpowerdam.jpg

640, Sept 11 at 1707, mixture of Spanish and English. Spanish is
certainly XEJUA in JuÃrez, and I figure English would be remnant of 50
kW KFI all the way from Los Ãngeles CA; IIRC I`ve heard it before in
parts of NM in the daytime {before XEJUA existed}; but could also be
remnant of my OK station, KWPN Moore, 5 kW sports talk. Distances: KFI
1247 km = 775 miles; KWPN 656 km = 408 miles.
(Glenn Hauser, NM, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

720, Sept 11 at 1706, Spanish music, squeezed by slop from 710 KGNC
Amarillo and 730 KDAZ ABQ; at 1712, ID missed but songs in English;
1717 ``Extremo 7-20, el extremo de tu mÃsica``, so it`s XEJCC in
Ciudad JuÃrez, also heard in OK by skywave.
(Glenn Hauser, NM, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

800, Sept 11 at 1709, JBA SAH! What about 50 kW XEROK JuÃrez? It must
be OFF at midday; as weaker, lower CiJz stations on 640, 720 are
incoming across the desert. Sked is supposedly 24 hours, and it
certainly gets out at night even tho no longer 150 kW. Do they
deliberately stay off in daytime, and if so on what sked? A DXer in El
Paso could tell us. Another 800 making the SAH has to be KDDD, 250
watts in Dumas, NW TX Panhandle, but is it beating against a QRP XEROK
or with 2.5 kW KQCV OKC at 654 km = 407 miles?
(Glenn Hauser, NM, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---