[IRCA] One for the RFI win column - improving ones radio love life.

We have been in our new house for just over a year - it is the result of
over 10 years of saving and searching for the perfect place --

Perfect in that it is town and country, has underground utilities,
does not have any industry near by and is quiet electrically.

What I discovered after moving in is that there was a neighbour
using BPL network devices which delivered quite the clatter all over the
bands.
I had no idea which neighbour this could be - and when you think about it,
it could be anyone within 1/2 km or so.

Anyway - I started by e-mailing my 1st neighbour that was in the path of
the radio interference. He replied almost immediately and said, "Yea, I use
a BPL device to reach a part of my house that my wireless network does not
reach - but I am rarely in there so I will turn it off and let's see what
happens!"

He switched it off and the problem vanished. Yay! Problem solved!

It's not every day that things turn out this way.

One for the good guys!

Good DX all.

--

*Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> - Coffee.bc.ca <http://Coffee.bc.ca> and