[IRCA] September 10 - 2015 - Morning DX all DU

Managed to hoist myself out of bed at 1315 for what would be a whirlwind of
activity.

Highlight video: https://youtu.be/QWVbCey9eQc  4QR Brisbane on 612
for one stunning performance.

Grabbed my Macbook Pro and "tuned" into Nick Hall-Patches fish-barrel online
and started hunting.

Between 1317 and 1345 -

531 Much burbles and murmurs and a mix of signals but nothing rose to
anything I could
understand

558 Same as 531 - good signals but a mess of stuff

567 English speaking at pretty good levels for duration of session
576 "      "       "       "       "

585 Jumble o' stuff but nothing making it anywhere in terms of intelligible

594 Music

603 Jumble but nothing worth hanging around for

612 4QR Stunning signal as evidenced by this video -
https://youtu.be/QWVbCey9eQc
Pretty much the morning winner. In all my home listening over the last
decade or
so using marginal antennas, I have never heard it quite like this.

675 Good signals but a mix of stuff

702 good signals at times but totally harassed by 690 Vancouver splash -
will note that my flag points at Vancouver and 690 and 730 kHz are almost
equal in strength to my local 1070 CFAX
which is in a partial null on my flag.

747 English chatter through the session often at good levels

774   "       "      "       "

Various mix of good signals but little intelligence: 792, 819, 828, 855,
864,

891 Good audio at times but was rushing off to another channel

1116 English - Australia - 2nd place winner in the morning often at arm
chair
levels

Nick's online signal monitoring "fish barrel" was, note for note, pitch
perfect
on everything I was hearing. Sometimes a unit hotter, sometimes a unit
softer.
Fascinating the difference 3 - 5 km makes.

--

*Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> - Coffee.bc.ca <http://Coffee.bc.ca> and