[IRCA] DKAZ Antenna

Hi All,

Just wanted to report I have completed my DKAZ antenna over the past weekend
and I have had a chance to test it out the past few nights.

I followed the design as Mark Durenberger's article
http://www.durenberger.com/documents/DKAZREPORT051214.pdf I built the 140
foot long with 22 feet high supports. I am at present using a 900 ohm fixed
1 watt resistor and the direction is 120 degree.

I have been comparing the DKAZ to my present 150 foot longwire running
pretty much in the same direction, so far, the performance of the DKAZ has
been very encouraging. Signals are appearing a lot stronger and earlier in
the evening than the Longwire and I can tell signals from the north are
reduced, while signals from the South are a lot stronger and louder.

On a couple of frequencies I have checked, on the DKAZ there is a station
with a decent signal while the Longwire has no station at all or a different
station.

I am still to hear a new station with this antenna but it will happen.

Thanks for the fine article Mark and answering my questions.

James Niven

Austin, Texas

---