Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Format change at KMZN-740

--- Begin Message ---
WCAS 740 Cambridge, MA (now WJIB), 250 watts, was easy copy on the car radio at a similar groundwave range in Tusket, Nova Scotia: mostly over water of course.

<<
KBOE 740 brings back memories of when it was very quiet here and I first started
using BOGs a year or two after the turn of the century. On a 682 ft BOG aimed
WSW, KBOE's 229 watts at 240 miles was a weak daytimer!
Midwestern ground
conductivity is good, but it certainly isn't sea water where stuff like that is
trivial.

73 KAZ 35 miles NW of Chicago's Willis Tower

-----Original
Message-----
7:07 PM
irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [NRC-AM] Format change at KMZN-740
>
>Not
sure when this happened, but it's been very recently, and I noticed it for the
first time this afternoon.  In a move that makes 0% sense, KMZN-740 has dumped
its simulcast of KBOE 104.9's hot country format and is now all sports.  Station
was running Jim Rome followed by a ToH update from CBS Sports Radio when I tuned
in.  There is probably nothing on KMZN's programming lineup that isn't already
being offered on KBGG-1700 in 55-miles-distant Des Moines, a city that is also
home to all-sports KXNO-1460.

>73,
>Rick Dau
>South Omaha, Nebraska