From: Nigel Pimblett <nige2730@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Aug 2, 2015 10:16 am
Subject: [IRCA] Alberta TPs for 2 August 2015

The first interesting morning here since getting back from vacation
last week.
The upper band seemed favoured, with only Tahiti in audio
lower down:

738 -
Pop music at 1137, no doubt Tahiti.

1107  UNID  - Man speaking at 1135, but
too much IBOC splatter to
determine language.

1386 - NEW ZEALAND, Auckland
Indian music noted at 1135 tune in, so
tentatively Radio Tarana.

1413 -
UNID - About 30 seconds of a man talking at 1137, otherwise only
a strong
carrier.

1503 - NEW ZEALAND?  Talk by a man in English at 1140, but too much

splatter to determine much more.  Very probably Radio Sport.

1592.97 - UNID
- Traces of man talking at 1136.  Too weak to determine
language.

1701.08	-
AUSTRALIA, Brisbane	Radio Brisvaani with Indian vocal by a
man.  By far the
best Aussie X-band signal today.

Also strong carriers on
1026,1035,1314,1458,1476,1494,1557,1566, and
lots of more modest carriers.  As
mentioned, most of the action was on
the upper half of the band, though the
carriers on 819 and 828 were
close to the 'strong' category.

Will be
interesting to see what Nick's results were this morning.

73,

Nigel
Pimblett
Dunmore, AB