From: "Nick Hall-Patch" <nh-p@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2015 9:41:15 AM
Subject: [IRCA] Grayland, not Rockworks

Gee Gary, you folks must have snarfed up all the Zedders before they got any further north.

Compared with yesterday, today was a bit of a bust at Grayland, though I guess the expression "a bad day's fishing" may still apply. ÂBruce used the DKaz, while I used the superloop equivalent of what Chuck used down at Rockworks, so I think his mileage may be better, as the DKaz is a superior antenna by a few dB.

Although the start looked promising around Â1030UT with the ZB stations in the middle of the band showing reasonable signals (NZ carriers started about 0530UT last night, so there may be something on the recordings), but started to fade away. Â HLAZ-1566 made a tentative appearance with a woman sounding Chinese at 1150UT, but generally, things sounded a little erratic and weak. Â Not to say there wasn't DX, but on my recordings, it has been work winkling out things like ZB on 1287 and 1296, rather than yesterday when DX was served up on a plate. Â ÂBruce heard Star on 900 mixing with Hawaii, so that should have pretty easy for you people.

Also a bit more Australia, probably the best so far being ABC Thursday Island on 1062.

Hopefully a bit more will be revealed in the recordings.

What sort of antenna was Tom using by the way?

best wishes,

Nick