[IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Rockwork 4) Ultralight DU's for 6-27

Hello All,

Tom R. certainly brought the luck with him this morning as Kiwi propagation hit a legendary level around 1240-- resulting in obscure Kiwis coming out all over the band. Stations like 936-Chinese Voice (1 kW) sounded healthy indeed, while the new 576-Star (2.5 kW) made its first appearance. The new 702-MagicÂalsoÂmanaged aÂgood signal around 1217 as the semi-local on 700 mysteriously left the air for five minutes. The freakish NZ propagation was every bit as good as what Chuck and I experienced last July, and both Tom and Chuck were recording it all. Who knows how many Kiwi stations they will come up with after reviewing all the .wav files-- maybe another NZ record?

The session was the first to feature three DXers setting up at Rockwork 4 with serious antennas, and one of the UnID sleeping motorists at the site apparently didn't care for the commotion, driving off in a huff. The propagation sounded pretty ordinary around 1200, with the moderate-level KiwisÂowning all the frequencies except for 531 (a pesky Oz station, maybe 4KZ again?). Chuck didn't seem very impressed with the signal levels, and after setting up his antennas and Perseus he caught some sleep before the drive back home. Tom and I kept checking the Kiwi signal levels until around 1230, when it seemed like a major breakthrough occurred-- causing almost every NZ station to come up dramatically in strength. 936-Chinese Voice is one ofÂfew 1 kW Kiwi MW stations, and when it reaches aÂdecent signal level at Rockwork 4 the NZÂ"floodgates" are really open. Tom was probably enjoying the best Kiwi propagation of his DXing career, while I was checking obscure NZ stations all over the band. Unlike the spectrum recorders I could only track them down one at a time, but it was still a wild and thrilling ride. I'm very happy that Tom was able to enjoy such freakishly good Kiwi propagation on his first visit to Rockwork 4-- it isn't always this good, Tom!

558Â Radio SportÂÂ Invercargill, NZÂÂ (Presumed)Â One of the ultra-rare Kiwis that only shows up during exceptional, all-NZ propagation. Male female interview at fair level at 1235; matches format heardÂbefore (at Cape Perpetua)
https://app.box.com/s/w17y461ql3hr4nlha5mosvjbaa8k5vsb

684Â RhemaÂÂ Gisborne, NZÂÂ Christian music at good level // 594 late at 1256
https://app.box.com/s/j2ff4610o2hg0k73far3u99tre4ggjxu

702Â MagicÂÂ Auckland, NZÂÂ Oldies music format at potent level at 1219 during mystery collapse of 700Âdomestic station
https://app.box.com/s/5ou0x0ltvy9sh0zbnp2vvgtsbgu12y07 Â

765Â R. KahungunuÂÂ Napier-Hastings, NZÂÂ OneÂof its best signals ever with "Waatea" Maori net ID atÂ1208
https://app.box.com/s/hrfmbukomtcpoo4zewjf3givuoi2we10 Â

936Â Chinese VoiceÂÂ Auckland, NZÂ (1 kW)ÂÂ The big star of the session, with healthy Chinese signals at 1244 (despite the low power)
https://app.box.com/s/qkp31ocifipxvwgtam2e8wqgju89uljw

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (DXing at the Rockwork 4 ocean cliff, near Manzanita, OR)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralights +
17" and 15" DXpedition FSL antennas

Â. ÂÂ