[IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Rockwork 4) Ultralight DU's for 6-25

Hello All,

Warm and clear weatherÂalong with auroral conditions prompted a suddenÂdecision to make an overnightÂdeparture from the DXingÂwasteland of Puyallup-- resulting in an early startÂto my own portion of the Rockwork 4 DXpedition. Although Kiwi propagation was slightly off from the freakish levels that Chuck and I enjoyed last July,Âthe weather and auroral conditions cooperated fairly well to provideÂan interesting session, with several S9 signals pounding in from the South Pacific.

The greatest collection of ferrite this side of the Ukraine rolled down I-5 at the bizarre hour of 0100 local time, asÂfive mega-FSL's (17", 15", two 12" MW and one 12" LW) were crammed into the Toyota Corolla during the solo trip. After arriving at the plunging ocean cliff at 0320 local time the 17" and 15" FSL's were set up on their PVC stands and began chasing the South Pacific signals. Murphy's Law did manage to get in aÂfinal shot during the rushed departure as the power supply for the DSP599ZX was mistakenly left behind in Puyallup, making it impossible for me to filter out the annoying 1 kHz and 2ÂkHz heterodynes on MP3's that I post immediately (beware of this when listening to MP3's of 531 and 738!). Maybe someone could volunteer to filter these out for me, so that I can post them withoutÂbeing responsible for hearing loss??

Anyway the propagation was decent, and both Australia and New Zealand were well represented. Some of the best signals wereÂon 531 and 738, though, and I don't really feelÂlike posting the recordings until someone can filter out the heterodynes and send them back to me. Chuck Hutton plans to join me tomorrow morning, and Tom Rothlisberger will join the "Cliffhanger DX" crew on Saturday morning. Wild and wacky DX is back!!

531ÂÂPIÂ Fighting it out with an UnID Australian (2PM?) at near S9 level for much of the session; unlike last July, the Aussie was kicking butt

558Â Brief peak of Polynesian music around 1243 (presumed Fiji), but signal was paranoid of MP3 recorder

567Â RNZÂÂ Wellington, NZÂ S9+ interview at 1236; best Kiwi signal of the session
https://app.box.com/s/tndc6maw6m1q2ux2oupurj2wthrr94ad
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ5+1 pips andÂRNZ identification at good level at 1300
https://app.box.com/s/xdusti02vntri0ja14rbu9co12sy4mtc

576 2RN Sydney, Australia Male interview at good level at 1236
https://app.box.com/s/i0p6cfz50wc8btkk7hvb4w70syjhjkvp

585Â UnID-AustralianÂÂ The mystery of the morning. A rather weak signal not // 603, so not the underperforming Kiwi. Either 2WEB or 7RN.
https://app.box.com/s/7gdlh48wuao2l4oty5teqr57ywowo55n

594 Rhema Timaru/ Wanganui, NZ Christian sermon at fairly good level at 1224
https://app.box.com/s/wxrs4z3lljz47bxn7ur58q56l8pdcdp6 Â

603 R. Waatea Auckland, NZ Maori female music at good level at 1222
https://app.box.com/s/z2o7pn7bvdaq292405hlsoxi27om7bxg

675Â RNZÂ Christchurch, NZÂÂ Good level interview at 1256, but overall slightly weaker than its 567 //
https://app.box.com/s/opbfwtnemdoxsfi2vs6kl31swxbgk40a

738 R. Polynesie Mahina, Tahiti African music at blistering strength at 1229 (but with blistering strong heterodyne as well-- beware)
https://app.box.com/s/cai80xqgmwyhnkiml46i9v2s7lvttuo5 Â

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (DXing at the Rockwork 4 ocean cliff, near Manzanita, OR)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralights +
17" and 15" DXpedition FSL antennas