[IRCA] Fort Wayne DX Convention July 11-13 - deadlines are approaching!

We're just under a month to the Fort Wayne DX convention, and the deadlines for hotel registration (June 10) and convention and ballgame registration (June 20) are approaching quickly! Please get your registration in soon if you're planning to join us! More information at the NRC website, or just ask!

www.nrcdxas.org

--

IT'S TIME TO REGISTER FOR THE 2015 FORT WAYNE DX CONVENTION!
Joint NRC/IRCA/WTFDA Convention: July 10-12 Fort Wayne, Indiana. Register for $56.00 US using PayPal. We're close to our big joint gathering hosted by IRCA, NRC, WTFDA and DecalcoMania, July 10-12 in fabulous Fort Wayne, Indiana - and registration is now open.

Your $55 registration fee includes

-Tours of area radio and TV facilities
-Educational sessions with top DXers
-Snacks and beverages (liquid, not wire!) in our meeting room
-Saturday night banquet catered by Hall's, one of Fort Wayne's top restaurateurs

-Convention program you can register by check/money order (made payable to "National Radio Club" and sent c/o Scott Fybush, 92 Bonnie Brae Ave, Rochester NY 14618) or PayPal on the front page of www.nrcdxas.org. (A small additional convenience fee may apply for PayPal registration.)

PLUS...

On Friday night, July 10, we've arranged a special group rate to see the Fort Wayne Tincaps, the class A affiliate of the San Diego Padres, take on the Great Lakes Loons at Fort Wayne's new downtown ballpark, Parkview Field! Your $30 ticket includes a buffet dinner - there's no better bargain in baseball.

If you'd like to purchase a ticket, please contact Lisa Fybush at lisa@xxxxxxxxxx or send a $30 check/money order (made payable to "Lisa Fybush") to 92 Bonnie Brae Ave, Rochester NY 14618.

***REGISTRATION FOR THE CONVENTION AND FOR THE BALLGAME IS DUE BY JUNE 20th!***

HOTEL:

Our hotel will be Don Hall's Guesthouse, 1313 W. Washington Center Road, Fort Wayne IN 46825 and our specially negotiated rate is $85 per room per night. That includes comfortable lodgings and a very tasty breakfast buffet each morning. The hotel is conveniently located right off I-69, the main drag through Fort Wayne.

Reservations for the hotel are due by ***JUNE 10, 2015*** and must be made directly with the hotel by calling 260-489-2524 or 1-800-348-1999.

The Group Number is 7110. PLEASE BE SURE TO GIVE THE GROUP NUMBER TO MAKE SURE WE ARE PROPERLY CREDITED FOR ALL THE ROOMS THE CLUBS ARE USING!

Once you've made your reservation, please drop me a line at scott@xxxxxxxxxx so I can keep track of who's staying with us.

EVENTS:

Our convention will get under way on Friday, July 10, with afternoon station tours and educational sessions. We'll leave the hotel at 6 to go downtown for the baseball game, if you're going. (If not, the meeting room and hotel restaurant will be open, and there are numerous other restaurants close to the hotel as well.)

On Saturday, July 11, we'll have additional station tours and educational sessions during the day, followed by our banquet, auction and club business meetings in the evening. The meeting room will be open afterward for informal DX bull sessions!

On Sunday, July 12, we'll have our famous DX Quiz in the morning, before heading our separate ways. (There may be another tour or two as well, if anyone's interested.)

If you are planning to come to the convention with your family (or are trying to figure out your summer vacation plans), summer is the peak time to visit the Fort Wayne area. The annual Three Rivers Festival kicks off July 11 with a parade and continues for nine days with a variety of activities.

Fort Wayne also has a nationally renowned Children's Zoo, a historical society, an art museum and a botanical garden. If you are interested in any nonradio activities for yourself or your companions, please get in touch with Lisa at 585-442-5411 or lisa@xxxxxxxxxx and tell her what sounds fun. If there's something else that sounds fun, tell her that, too. This is not a comprehensive list. Lisa will coordinate any extraconventional activities.

AUCTION: Please send donations for the auction to Blaine Thompson, 6523 Emmons Drive, Fort Wayne IN 46835 - or bring them to the convention with you!

TRANSPORTATION:

In addition to easy road access from much of the country, Fort Wayne is accessible by most major airlines and Greyhound bus. Amtrak serves Waterloo, Indiana, about half an hour away from the convention hotel. Please let us know as soon as possible if you'll need to be picked up at the airport, bus station or train stop. The hotel is just off I-69 and has plenty of free parking.

ANY QUESTIONS?

Registration, convention schedule, hotel or transportation: Drop me a line at scott@xxxxxxxxxx

Ballgame or family activities: Drop Lisa a line at lisa@xxxxxxxxxx

Educational program: If you'd like to speak or have an idea for a talk, contact Mark Durenberger at mark4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx