Re: [IRCA] KDWN 720 - Glenn Hauser's log

KDWN 720 was heard here SW of Chicago with WGN on the air
back in the late 1980's.  At that time I was using my 2
1/2 ft spiral wound loop.  Was able to get a very narrow
null on WGN roughly 40 miles south of their XMTR.  I would
give it a try tonight if they are still ND.

Tom Jasinski
Joliet, IL

>From Glenn Hauser..................
** U S A. 720, June 4 at 0541 UT, I`m getting something in
English with
WGN easily nulled --- it`s Roy Masters, plug for
Foundation for Human
Understanding, address in Grants Pass OR. I`ll bet it`s
50/50 kW U2 KDWN
Las Vegas NV, which is normally inaudible here on night
pattern, cardioid
with deep null toward Chicago crossing Colorado and
Nebraska, so we are
quite a ways out of it. Yes, per
https://www.fhu.com/radiostations.html
RM/FHU, is on one 720 station, KDWN, M-F at 9-11 pm PDT =
04-06 UT.