Re: [IRCA] IBOC Hash AM vs FM OT question

Rick,

I guess nulling FM or AM hash is the same. I have tried to get "any" hash at this location. To date I have still never detected any. Now, it could be that the hash is so weak not the detect. If the hash on FM is 1%, then 500- 1,000 watts of digital hash on FM at 130 miles, probably there would be little left. AM is sure a lot different in that. Even the very weak signals adjacent to HD stations I can hear. An example is 88.3 next to HD 88.1.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager