Re: [IRCA] AM BCB DX…..ELAD Recordings….1 NEW STATION Heard

1090  WKBZ  Muskegon, MICHIGAN is carried on 106.9 WOOD-FM HD3

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Ross
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:36 AM
To: IRCA AM List
Subject: [IRCA] AM BCB DX…..ELAD Recordings….1 NEW STATION Heard

Hi Guys:

I'm still working my way through the recordings I made in Early May. Some lousy weather the past few days kept me from my Outside Chores and Yardwork, so I used the time to do some Dxing via the recordings!!

1 NEW AM Station logged and 1 CALL CHANGE as well. Also included here are some RELOGS of stations not heard in quite some time.

Usually by May I have packed up the AM BCB and moved on to FM/TV DX….but with the SDR recordings still netting me some New Stations it gives me some incentive to continue DXing AM!! I am not used to hearing a bunch of New Stations on AM BCB during the month of May, but this is my 6th New Station heard during May, and we are less than half way through the month!! Great Fun, and I can hardly wait for the FM DX to Start so I can carry right on with the ELAD Recordings ….only for FM BCB!!

I remember reading someplace many years ago that if you can DX during the Summer Off Season on the AM BCB, you can log a lot of Closer in stuff that is not heard during the Winter when the Skip seems to lengthen out somewhat. That may very well be correct as I have logged a lot of New Stations that are Lowered Powered and only a state or two away from me…..that have not been heard in my 40 Years of Dxing!! If the Thunderstorms aren't too bad this summer, maybe we can continue with this…..

RECEIVER……………….ELAD FDM-S2

ANTENNA………………100 Foot Longwire

73…..ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

1420  WCED  DuBois, PENNSYLVANIA   May/02/15  0559 EDT   EE   GOOD
PSA for the US Forest Service @ 0559 EDT. ID given by Male DJ @ 0600 as………
"The Tri-County's News and Information Station - Newstalk Radio WCED-BuBois".
Into ABC News read by a Female @ 0600 EDT.

NEW STN                       5 KW/500 Watts Nights
ROSS, ON.
920  WNJE  Trenton, NEW JERSEY  May/02/15   2300 EDT     EE   FAIR
Male DJ with ID @ 2300 EDT as "Your Home for ???? THE VOICE". Another ID as
"THE VOICE" @ 2300 EDT. "Fox Sports Trending" Promo and into FOX Sports Talk
@ 2301-03 EDT.

RELOG……But NEW CALLS  EX-WTTM (Last Heard in 1983)       1.4 KW/1 KW Nights
ROSS, ON.
1170  WDEK  Lexington, SOUTH CAROLINA  May/01/15   0400 EDT   EE  FAIR
ID by Male DJ @ 0400 EDT as "This is 1170 The Deck - WDEK".
Mixing with WWVA. Oldies/R&B Music @ 0400-03 EDT.

RELOG                              10 KW Days    (On Late)
ROSS, ON.
1090  WKBZ  Muskegon, MICHIGAN   May/01/15   2059 EDT   EE     FAIR
ID by Male DJ @ 2059 EDT as "News Talk 1090 WKBZ - Muskegon and 24 Hours a Day
on WOME??? HD3 Muskegon".

RELOG                           1 KW Days
ROSS, ON.
1270  WDLA  Walton, NEW YORK   May/01/15   2058 EDT     EE    GOOD
ESPN Promos @ 2058-59 EDT. ID by Male DJ @ 2100 EDT as "AM 1270 WDLA-Walton".
Into Sports Talk @ 2100 EDT.

RELOG                 5 KW/89 Watts Nights
ROSS, ON.
1450  WILM  Wilmington, DELAWARE May/01/15  2100 EDT    EE    GOOD
"We are Delaware's New Radio 1450 WILM Wilmington, WDOV-Dover and
???? Wilmington/Dover" ID by Male DJ @ 2100 EDT.  "Fox News Radio" ID into
Fox News by Male @ 2100 EDT.

RELOG                        1 KW
ROSS, ON.
88.9  KLDN   Lufkin, TEXAS    May/09/15   0018 EDT       EE     GOOD
RDS Capture @ 0018 EDT as "KLDN - Red River Radio".

First E-Skip of the Year!! Very Short Opening…..

RELOG                       50 KW
ROSS, ON.