Re: [IRCA] Frankenradio

Tim,

I got back into DXing via the inexpensive SDR route myself last summer.
I've also heard (no pun intended) that the RTL.SDR unit is rather deaf on
the low end.  Instead, I'm using a cheap RTL-SDR ("dash" not "dot") dongle
with a separate upconverter to get LW/MW/SW and that option may currently
be the best way to do SDR under $100.  But, it sounds like you've done some
good mods.  I'm lucky in that my local stations are low power, but I need
filters or a tuned antenna for optimal performance due to the low dynamic
range.  I'd have a more expensive SDR by now, but OS X and Linux software
support for anything higher-end is pathetic.

Good luck and welcome back to DXing.

Brian Rachford - Prescott, AZ
azswdxing@xxxxxxxxx
http://azswdxing.wordpress.com/