[IRCA] KHCB 1400 and a sunset shooting gallery to TX from IL

Yes, it is still AU, although as the evening wears on, the effects are dissipating. 1900 CST had Texans all over the dial here even though it is late in the month for good SSS and eastern Texans don't switch to night rig until 1930. Even stuff like KDRY 1100 was in and alone and they don't switch until 1945. Most interesting was the SS rlg on 1400 which turned out to be KHCB after listening to the recording a few times. Houston area and of course new. 962 miles away and my second furthest GY catch from here.

910 had WUBR Baton Rouge again. This morning at 0700 KNAF was logged on 910 which is also new.

This eve's SSS was done using the south DKAZ to aim more south than at TX. Had I been using the WSW directed array, there'd have been several dB more signal from TX area.

73 KAZ Barrington IL