[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 15 March 2015

Listening in Lamont, AB this weekend, and this morning was quite interesting (can't comment on yesterday, as I slept through it), with a mixture of TP and DU signals stretching right from 531 to 1701. Left the recorder on at home, and a quick check said it was interesting there as well. Will be interesting to compare the differences. Started at 1245 this morning, with a number of strong carriers from Japan. They seemed to peak early though, and were fading well before sunrise. There may have been a slight enhancement then, but it only benefited the DU signals. Today's audio:

531 unID Suspected Japan when I first noted traces here at 1312, but came up a bit better with EZL/pop music, so much more likely to be DU, probably Australia.

567 unID Traces of man talking at 1335, but too weak to determine if it was DU or TP, though I'm leaning to DU. 576 unID Instrumental music at 1339. Host spoke a few minutes later but signal had faded too much to determine language. Had a "DU feel" to it though.

594 JOAK, Japan The first signal to produce audio this morning, with traces at 1303, and up to good by 1315. Stalled then though, and gradually declined to fade out around 1345 sunrise.

612 ABC Brisbane, Australia Woman/man conversing during an interview.

693 JOAB, Japan Man in Japanese at 1313. Fair signals generally for the next half hour.

702 ABC Sydney, Australia Woman interviewing man at 1341, poor signal, but confirmed with web stream.

774    JOUB, Japan      Poor-fair at 1319 with man and woman conversing.

828 JOBB, Japan Very weak, but definitely woman in Japanese at 1315, // 693 khz..

1116 4BC, Brisbane, Australia Male host talking with woman caller on phone-in program at 1329, // web stream.

1188 unID Weak signal, with woman talking under heavy KEX splatter at 1318.

1566 HLAZ, Korea Had a strong carrier when I first checked at 1245, but never really developed, with a poor level during talk by a woman at 1339 being the best it could do.

1575   VOA, Thailand     Traces of man talking at 1332

1701.07 Radio Brisvaani, AUSTRALIA Presumed the one with Indian music at a poor level at 1324.

Many carriers, but those in the "almost there" category were:

585, 1107, 1548, 1638

73,

Nigel Pimblett
currently in Lamont, AB