[IRCA] Odd goings-on with my Sangean

Wildest thing just happened with my Sangean ATS-909X about an hour ago -- I've lost all of the longwave band above 279 khz, and I can only access the X-band above 1602 khz by using the shortwave function.  The radio hasn't been dropped or anything, and the "AM STEP" switch inside the back panel IS set to 10 K.  Anyone else who owns a ATS -909X experiencing any problems like these?   I should add that I've been running it on AAs, and when I put them in after a few minutes of being out, the clock does NOT reset to 2:00 like it should.

73,
Rick Dau
South Omaha, Nebraska EN21AF
Http://www.dxworld.com/bcblog.html