[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, February 13-19, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page31

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** MEXICO. 700, Feb 19 at 1259, big hum looping NE/SW on open carrier, 1300 Spanish news starts without any ID. Possibly two different stations, but I doubt it: hummer would be XEGD, La Poderosa, Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, 5/1 kW per IRCA & Cantú, 5/0.25 kW per WRTH (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 740-, Feb 19 at 1245 UT, horrible low audible het to KRMG Tulsa as often the case on the low side, also in the evenings, but this time with SSB tuning to help, and nulling KRMG as much as possible (not a lot), I manage to copy some of the Spanish, mentioning ``noticias Torreón``, and later Coahuila, so that`s it: XEQN, R. Fórmula, 10/1 kW per IRCA, Cantú and WRTH (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 900, Feb 19 at 1302, Chihuahua anthem concludes, full ID by XEDT 910 and XHDT 98.3 with 25 kW [but 5/1.5 or 1 kW on 900!], street address in Colonia Centro, Ciudad Chuauhtémoc, ``una estación de Cadena Hits`` and into ``el programa número uno de Chihuahua``, con música country en inglés. Earlier around 1230 I was hearing Spanish newscast on 900, probably XEOK Monterrey. Forget about XEW and its ``250`` kW  (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Correxion: call of this station on 900 is XEDT, not XEDP as I erred in original report (XEDP is the 710 in same city). Tnx to Bruce Conti for catching this. I also must have mis-spoken it on WOR. Corrected here:

900, Feb 9 at 1313 UT, Spanish music, then DJ greets `la comunidad de Mojita`` [? no such place found in Tejas or México], then tear-jerker country music in English! Loops NE/SW. Time check for 6:15 so UT -7, temp in F and C, somewhat Spanglish, and mentions ``Radio Caballo`` (Radio Horse??) 1316 ad for a sorteo; then INE and other federal PSAs, so it`s definitely Mexican, and another from the Instituto Electoral de Chihuahua about urnas electorales, so that clinches it as XEDT in Ciudad Cuauhtémoc. DJ resumes ``música cowboy`` with ``Cotton Fields``. Yet this is deep in the heart of Chihuahua, not on the border. Have heard XEDT several times before, not with this format, so maybe a recent change, and maybe not full-time. Cantú has XEDT as 5/1.5 kW, ``Hits FM`` // 98.3 (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1760, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1370, Feb 17 at 0155, Mexican NA is in progress, by children`s choir, followed by three more verses at 0156, 0157 and 0158, finally stops at 0159 with no announcement but steady carrier which has been dominating frequency stays on a while. As the only 1370 XE listed by IRCA to sign-off at 0200, and the closet one, this is surely XEGNK in Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas. IRCA shows as 5/0.5 kW, Fiesta Mexicana, Mariachi Estéreo (but no FM attached). Cantú agrees, no FM, so must we conclude it`s AM stereo? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---